Friday, April 29, 2011

Subchorionic Hematoma

LMP: Nine weeks and five days
Gestaional: Seven weeks and five days
SCH or Subchorionic Hematoma is a gathering of blood between the membranes of the placenta and the uterus. A more technical name is the chorion. Some doctors will also just refer to it as a blood clot
Mine happens to be behind my placenta.  It caused a large clot to pass Wednesday and a few smaller ones since then to pass.  I was so very scared when I went to the restroom that day and saw the blood.  I was sure I was loosing the baby.

After blood work and  the ultrasound I felt better.  Saw and heard the little heart beating at 171 bpm.  It was a miracle in itself.  I visited my doctor and while this is a very scary time she believes that the clot will be absorbed by my body.  She is having me go in for an ultrasound in two weeks to make sure its gone or going away.  I'm not sure what the next step would be if it doesn't.

I know that I'm  not allowed to lift or do much of anything other then rest.  Not that I even have the energy for it.  So I sit here, I try not to worry because stress doesn't help but you know how that is.  Easy to say but ever so difficult to actually do.

I'm trying to be positive and strong.  My emotions have gone through the ringer.  Please say a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment