Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Eighty Eight Days

Not that long left before our little girl joins us.

I'm utterly excited to meet her.  To see her face and learn all I can about her.  See her smile and grip my finger.  Hear her first cry and know that she needs me.  To see myself in her smile and eyes.

A child is such a gift and blessing.  This I learned with Logan and am reminded of each day.

He is enjoying feeling the baby move and looking at ultrasound photo's.  He's also helping to come up with a name for the little girl.  I think we may have one, at least a first name.

Kayleigh

Middle name has yet to come up with and who knows if we will stick with what we've decided.  Still time enough to change minds.  Which has been known to happen again and again.

Yesterday I went to the doctor.  Not routine but woke with pain in my right side, hip area.  Called the OB nurse and off to an appointment I went.  They did an ultrasound, took a good look and found nothing.  The doctor said it could be a kidney stone and just too small to see.  He did give me some medicine so I can actually move around.  The pain was so bad I could barely walk.  It's not my first run in with stones.  Had them a few times before, one of which resulted in hospitalization.  So I'm hoping this one just passes if that is what it is.

I take the pain medicine but sparingly and try to wait till it is most needed.  I don't know if that is the case or not.  Its not familiar the pain and so I'm trying to wait it out.  Its given me a migraine though and that isn't any fun what so ever.  I can't shake it either which is not a good sign.

I guess that would be one thing I'm looking forward to about not being pregnant.  I will miss the kicks and knowing this little miracle is growing within me.  I'll be blessed though to be back to not worrying about headaches and such and the gestational diabetes will leave.  That I can't wait for.

LMP:  Twenty-seven weeks and three days
Gestational: Twenty-five weeks and three days

No comments:

Post a Comment