LMP: Week twelve
Gestational: Week ten
Friday morning comes and goes, the afternoon hits and my phone rings soon before I need to leave to pick up Logan. The doctor is calling. I answer with baited breath knowing it is something. I then find out I have gestational diabetes. I thought, I hoped it wouldn't be the case just yet but seems fate is not with me on this one.
So the doctor prescribed Glyburide, 2.5mg. It is supposed to help stimulate my pancreas to use the sugar therefore helping to lower it. I check my sugar levels four times a day. Its not so bad. I just need to stay on top of it to keep me and the little one nice and safe.
The other news is that I can't have the baby here at the local hospital. I will have to go to Geisinger Medical Center. I am a high risk pregnancy now and everything that needs done for when I go into labor can't be done here. It's about 60 miles away but if it will keep us safe then that is all that matters most to me. I go once more to see my doctor and then they will be transferring my care to their. It's all a bit scary, especially with me still bleeding here and there. It's been dark blood so I haven't freaked out too much but still...
I only want what is best for the peanut and whatever I must do I will. The boys are very supportive and helpful. That makes a world of difference to me. I'm a lucky mom.
Gestational: Week ten
Friday morning comes and goes, the afternoon hits and my phone rings soon before I need to leave to pick up Logan. The doctor is calling. I answer with baited breath knowing it is something. I then find out I have gestational diabetes. I thought, I hoped it wouldn't be the case just yet but seems fate is not with me on this one.
So the doctor prescribed Glyburide, 2.5mg. It is supposed to help stimulate my pancreas to use the sugar therefore helping to lower it. I check my sugar levels four times a day. Its not so bad. I just need to stay on top of it to keep me and the little one nice and safe.
The other news is that I can't have the baby here at the local hospital. I will have to go to Geisinger Medical Center. I am a high risk pregnancy now and everything that needs done for when I go into labor can't be done here. It's about 60 miles away but if it will keep us safe then that is all that matters most to me. I go once more to see my doctor and then they will be transferring my care to their. It's all a bit scary, especially with me still bleeding here and there. It's been dark blood so I haven't freaked out too much but still...
I only want what is best for the peanut and whatever I must do I will. The boys are very supportive and helpful. That makes a world of difference to me. I'm a lucky mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment